It’s time to ditch the eggs and bacon. Introducing our Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding Recipe featuring the perfect combination of sweet and nutritious ingredients to kickstart your day.
Got a sweet tooth? Tired of your same old breakfast routine? Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding Recipe will satisfy your craving, give you a break from your tired morning meal, and keep you full for hours. Even better, you can make it the night before so all you have to do in the morning is take it out of the fridge and enjoy. Did we mention it has amazing gut health benefits, too?
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
Simple ingredients. The base for this chia pudding is simply chia seeds and milk. Cocoa powder and peanut butter add a touch of sweetness and a rich flavor, without making things complicated.
You can control the sweetness. We are using maple syrup to help balance out the richness of the cocoa powder. So if one day you’re feeling like you need a little extra natural sugar hit and the next you’d rather tone it down, you can absolutely match the amount of sweetener you use to fit your palette’s needs.
Supports gut health. Chia seeds are a nutrition-packed seed loaded with both omega 3s and fiber. Healthy fats like omega 3s help support overall heart and brain health, while the fiber found in chia seeds helps support gut health and may improve symptoms of constipation due to its high levels of soluble fiber.
Read more: 13 Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Why Change Up Your Breakfast?
While there is a constant back and forth in the wellness space regarding the importance of breakfast, morning meals provide an opportunity to get in the nutrients you need to power your brain and body throughout the day. Restricting meals makes it more challenging to hit your nutrition needs if not carefully planned especially when it comes to fiber — most individuals only get about half their daily requirement. Not only that skipping meals makes it more likely you’ll binge on snacks later.
Of course, not every breakfast is created equal. To maximize nutrition first thing in the morning, make sure you include some of the following:
- Fiber: There are many places you can sneak in extra fiber including whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables. Our chia pudding recipe gets the majority of its fiber from chia seeds, but you can add more by topping it with strawberries or blueberries.
- Protein: This nutrient supports many functions in the body and will also help keep you fuller for longer. This recipe’s ingredients offer a protein-packed trifecta of peanut butter, soy milk, and chia seeds.
- Healthy Fats: Not only are healthy fats good for the heart and brain, they can also help improve satiety. This means that your meal will keep your energy balanced and stable after your meal. Read: no sugar crash.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding (1 serving)
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plant-based plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- Kosher salt
- Add coffee and cocoa powder to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk until completely smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup, and yogurt and whisk again to combine.
- Slowly pour in milk one-third at a time, whisking until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the chia seeds and stir well to remove any clumps. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes, then stir again to fully combine.
- Cover the bowl and allow the pudding to set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Once the pudding has set, take it out, grab a spoon, and savor!
Read more: Healthy Breakfast Cookies Recipe
Did you try out our Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Seed Pudding Recipe? Share it with us by tagging @avocado.green on Instagram or Facebook. You can also follow Catherine @plantbasedrd for more delicious, nutritious recipes.
The Essential Organic Pillow Collection
Gentle, breathable, non-toxic support.